Bupa UK leads the way with the first online health assessment booking system for businesses
Bupa has launched an online booking tool for businesses across the UK, allowing employees to book health assessments faster at a time that is convenient for them.
- Online tool makes booking health assessments easier and faster for employees
- In response to individual online booking volumes increasing year on year, employees can now make bookings 24/7
- First national network of centres to offer this support to businesses across the UK
Health issues such as stress and anxiety are found to increase sickness absence, and by making the booking process even easier it means employees can explore their health options and make bookings in their own time.
In response to changing consumer behaviour, the online booking platform means employees can pick a health assessment appointment from a choice of local health advisors at their nearby Bupa health clinic. This is the first national network of centres in the UK to offer online bookings for businesses and their employees.
Alaana Linney, Sales Director, Bupa Health Clinics, said: “We know that making time for our health is sometimes difficult, and that employees often miss out on company paid-for health assessments due to the time it takes to pick up the phone to book. That’s why we’ve invested in online booking for our business customers, making it even easier for them to engage in their health, at a time that’s convenient to them.
”Many of our consumer customers have booked their appointment online so far this year which is why we’ve invested in extending this to our business customers and their workforces.”
By simply entering just a few details including their name and postcode, the tool will automatically identify which assessment employees are entitled to based on their company’s health policy. It will then guide them through options of appointments with the clinician of their choice, within one of the three most local clinics to them.
For more information about health assessments, visit www.bupa.co.uk/business/business-health-assessments
Notes to editor:
- Health issues such as stress and anxiety are found to increase sickness absence - Bupa internal data based on 35,377 health assessment customers, May 2018.
About Bupa Health Clinics:
- With more than 50 Bupa health centres across the UK, we offer a range of trusted health services close to where people live and work.
- Bupa clinics are open to everyone, whether you have Bupa insurance or not.
- Our health and dental clinics offer a range of everyday health services from GP and physiotherapy appointments and health assessments to general, cosmetic and specialist dentistry.
- Bupa’s range of health assessments give people a snapshot of their health and help them make informed decisions.
- Our health assessments are designed to make sure people engage with their health before the assessment, and have continued support to meet their goals afterwards.
- Your Health Advisor will also help you set relevant goals, give you access to the Bupa Boost app to keep you on track and your advisor will call you in the months following to coach and help you. You'll also have 24/7 access to a GP for a whole year for yourself and family who live with you.
- Bupa clinics are on the high street across the country and offer: health assessments, health services like GP appointments, dental appointments including orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry, dermatology, physiotherapy, osteopathy and podiatry.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We serve 15.5m health insurance customers, provide healthcare to over 14.5m people in our clinics and hospitals and look after over 22,900 aged care residents.
We directly employ over 78,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the USA, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland. We also have associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Health insurance accounts for the majority our business. In some markets we also operate clinics, dental centres, hospitals, and care homes and villages.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com.