Bupa and Babylon extends its digital health service to UK businesses
Leading healthcare provider, Bupa and Babylon, Britain’s pioneering digital healthcare provider have extended their agreement to offer a range of AI-powered health services to all corporate businesses. This includes access to doctors within minutes, directly from any phone or computer.
The Babylon app gives businesses, and their employees around-the-clock access to health advice for them and their families, giving them reassurance at the touch of a button. From this month it is available to all corporate* businesses across the UK, through Bupa insurance.
Mark Allan, Commercial Director, Bupa UK Insurance said: “Working with Babylon, we’re able to give corporate businesses access to 24/7 virtual health services. We often hear that time is a barrier to looking after our health, which is why we’re investing in digital solutions that are convenient and quick to access through an app.
We share Babylon’s mission to make healthcare more accessible which is why it’s important we utilise the latest in digital health to help our customers lead healthy lives and offer assurance when they need it.”
The extensive offer from Babylon includes:
- Call or video call a GP within minutes
- Unlimited GP Consultations available 24/7 - 365 days a year
- Employee and family access
- Access to (Artificial Intelligence-powered) Clinical Triage service
- Health information available for all ages
- Prescription writing with a delivery or collection service
- Sync with wearable technology
- Open referrals via Bupa Member Services
Dr Ali Parsa, Babylon’s Founder and CEO, said of today’s announcement: “Now that we know what works for employees and how much impact it can have for employers – we can expand to help even more companies thrive in increasingly challenging times. Imagine how much more productive the world will be when every employee is free from the fear of limited access to healthcare. This fear impacts families daily and we are humbled to find a partner with so much expertise and experience. We are thankful to Bupa and look forward to continued success and innovation.”
Since announcing a partnership back in 2015, Bupa and Babylon have had consistent positive customer feedback. Working together, they have focused on maximising the impact digital health services can have when deployed within corporate environments.
Following the widespread launch to corporate businesses, Bupa will be looking to extend this proposition across its broader customer base.
For more information please contact Babylon’s PR Director, Michael Herrmann, on 07792 692 945 or Bupa Press Office on 020 7833 7040 or email email@example.com
Notes to editor:
- For further information on Babylon, visit www.babylonhealth.com.
- Bupa and Babylon have been working together since 2015 to provide a small number of corporate businesses Virtual GP
- Babylon is the only provider to offer this comprehensive range of services in UK:
- Call or video call a GP within 2 hours
- Unlimited GP Consultations available 24/7/365
- Access to (Artificial Intelligence powered) Clinical Triage service (USP in UK)
- After Triage, text questions direct to a GP
- Prescription writing with same day delivery or collection service (prescription costs paid for by member as this is a private prescription)
- Sync your wearable technology with the App
- Babylon is 5-star user rated and has a high NPS (net promoter score)
- The deal further extends Babylon’s already considerable audience reach across the B2B space, where its digital platform is already being used to provide healthcare-related employee benefits to upwards of 150 companies and 350,000 workers across the UK.
* It is available to corporate businesses with Bupa health insurance
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
With no shareholders, our customers are our absolute focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We have 15.5 million health insurance customers, provide healthcare to around 14.5 million people in our clinics and hospitals, and look after over 23,300 aged care residents.
We employ over 78,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Chile, New Zealand, Hong Kong, the USA, Brazil, the Middle East and Ireland, and many more through our associate businesses in Saudi Arabia and India.
Health insurance is around 70% of our business. In a number of countries, we also run clinics, dental centres, hospitals and care homes and villages.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com